Meet Miss Derby
*This character is available to load to your game play or stories loaded with special Traits and Skills. Click here.
Useful information about Miss Derby
- Current owner of Brixton Orphanage for Children in Oasis Springs.
- Takes in children, no questions asked, and raises them in hopes that they will be adopted quickly as she despises all children. In return for raising the children, Miss Derby requires a hefty fee for keeping the identity of the parents of the children a secret.
- Lives a luxurious lifestyle behind the closed door of her bedroom as the children live in filth.
- Has an affinity for fine cheese and Audrey Hepburn movies.
- Used to own a mysterious statue that she doted over daily that she received as payment for raising Alex Crews. The current location of this statue is unknown by Miss Derby.
- Kept a horrible secret from two children that grew up at the Orphanage. This secret was discovered by accident by one of the children in Chapter 16.
- Aspiration: Public Enemy
- Traits: Dastardly, Mean, Evil, Hates Children, Tormentor, Mastermind
Miss Derby’s History:
Miss Derby, a lifetime resident of Oasis Springs, has always enjoyed living in the underbelly of the town. She got her nickname because she was always on the run. Much like a horse at a derby, running with eyes wide and nostrils flaring toward excitement and a future unknown. Running away from home, running away from relationships, and as an adult, always running into trouble. No one knows her real name or how she got to be the owner of the Brixton Orphanage for Children in Oasis Springs. Some believe that it was bequeathed to her at the death of a distant relative. Through a glitch in the government system, Miss Derby still gets monthly stipends and spends it almost entirely on herself.
Manipulative and selfish, Miss Derby won’t hesitate to be harsh to the children. She has set impossible rules every child must live by and loves to punish them by not feeding them as a result.
The rules are as follows:
- Never be seen or heard
- Never go into Miss Derby’s bedroom. Ever.
- Never eat Miss Derby’s cheese.
All children who come to stay at the orphanage are allowed to be dropped off with no questions asked as long as they are also dropped off with a large sum of money or other highly valuable item. No paper trails lead back to anyone as to whom these children belong to. Miss Derby is counting the days she can have the remaining children either adopted or aged out so she can leave Oasis Springs with her loot she has saved over the years.
It is unknown if Miss Derby’s parents are still alive or where they are as she ran away from home after she graduated from high school.
A wild tryst after her senior year of high school led Miss Derby to Las Vegas on a dare where she wed (and later quickly annulled) her swim coach, Enrique Vargas.
Flings & Relationships:
Her high School Swim Coach, Enrique Vargas.
Current: Oasis Springs
Past: Las Vegas
Current and Past Occupation:
- Current Matron and owner of the Brixton Orphanage for Children in Oasis Springs.
- Past Occupation: A brief stint as a magician’s assistant in Las Vegas.